I’m still trucking away, working toward my goal of reading 50 books by the end of 2015. I’ve made quite a dent so far. I’m sure when I’m busy this summer I’ll be happy I had such a head start early in the year.
Here are February’s books:
7. Defiance — Shelly Crane
8. The River — Beverly Lewis
9. The First Husband — Laura Dave
10. Sisterland — Curtis Sittenfeld
11. Forrest Gump — Winston Groom
12. I’ve Got Your Number — Sophie Kinsella
13. If You Were Here — Jen Lancaster
14. Remember Me? — Sophie Kinsella
15. Angel Falls — Kristin Hannah
16. The Undomestic Goddess — Sophie Kinsella
17. American Sniper — Chris Kyle
Favorite book: If You Were Here. The main character in this novel seemed to be the poster child for Murphy’s law. The further you got into the book, the more you were able to predict that crazy things that were going to happy. However, the writing is good. It’s humorous without being too ridiculous.
Least favorite book: Forrest Gump. I know, this surprises me, too. This is one of the few instances where a movie ended up being better than the book it was based on. The book version is much less wholesome than the movie. I really had to push myself to even finish reading. The entire book is written from Forrest’s point-of-view, complete with the southern dialect and phonetic spelling. It was rough.
What do you think? Have you read any of these books? What’s the last book you read?