I know, I know. May is more than half over, which makes my April reading post really late. I moved. I unpacked. I’ve been painting. There are my excuses. I’m doing pretty well on my Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge. With April’s books added to the list, I’ve read 29 books for my goal of 50 for the year.
22. Twenties Girl — Sophie Kinsella
23. The Choice — Nicholas Sparks
24. Someday, Someday, Maybe — Lauren Graham
25. The Midwife: Joy, and Hard Times A Memoir of Birth — Jennifer Worth
26. Quilting with a Modern Slant — Rachel may
27. The Here and Now — Ann Brashares
28. Lock and Key — Sarah Dessen
29. The Giver — Lois Lowry
Favorite: The Midwife, hands down. In case you didn’t know, the show Call the Midwife is based on this memoir and the two that follow it. I think it’s so interesting reading about what it was like to be a district nurse back in 1950’s London.
Least favorite: Twenties Girl. I’ve been reading a lot of Sophie Kinsella’s writing over the last few months. Her books are light, fun, and quick to read. This one was a little out there. The main character hangs out with the ghost of a dead aunt she didn’t know while trying to get a necklace back from a rich uncle. Really?
What’s the last book you read? What did you think of it?